Jyani Organic Farm is located just outside the village of Katehra (96 kms from Bathinda). The farmstay is recommended for Individual or group travelers as it offers double room and few dorm-like rooms with attached bathrooms.
The techniques implemented on the farm are mix-cropping, green-manuring, preparation of jivamrita and bijamrita, now a little bit of mulching, tree planting, use of culture one and culture two to feed the soil in effective micro-organisms provided for free by the government of Punjab, some composting in the future, crop rotation, trenching, sprinkler and drip-irrigation.
Reasons To Visit:
- Homestay set around workign Farm just outside the village of Katehra in Ferozepur district of Punjab
- 130 acres of farmland practicing natural farming
- Accommodation is homely with rooms overlooking the farm with attached bathroom
- Traditional Punjabi meals served typically comprising at least 2-3 local vegetables (cottage cheese, spinach, cabbage, etc), freshly baked roti’s (Indian baked bread) with lassi (sweet curd) or choice of fresh juice
- Recreation options includes Indoor games
- Activities around the farm includes participating in farm activities, visiting local markets, nature walk, bird watching, Yoga
- Recommended for experiential travellers looking for Punjab countryside and farm living experience
Policies of Jyani Organic Farm Stay
Amenities of Jyani Organic Farm Stay
Garden/Lawn/Outdoor Area. Multi Cuisine Restaurant. Health, Fitness, Beauty And Wellness. Yoga and Meditation